Friday, February 13, 2009

#1 Bloomington Jefferson vs. #2 Eden Prairie

Tuesday night pitted a couple of the better hockey teams against each other. It was a very good game to watch, probably one of the better ones I have seen this year. EP ended up winning the game 5-2, but here are a couple of things I took away from the game:

1) Nick Leddy continues to show why he IS the frontrunner for Mr. Hockey. Opponents do not even get a "sniff" when he's out there. He controls the game better than any defenseman I have seen in a long time. He seems to impress me more and more as the season goes on.

2) I think the verdict is out on Jefferson. The defensive core really struggled in this game. They had a horrendous time breaking the puck out, and were getting thrown off the puck by EP's forwards. If they expect to go far into sections and even state, their defenseman have to play better.

No comments:

Post a Comment